1. Immigrant and Visting Friends and Relatives Travel Health Clinic
This clinic aims to meet the health care needs of immigrants and refugees from developing countries through comprehensive patient care. This clinic specializes in the preventive health needs of integrating and travelling immigrants. This multi-disciplinary community-based immigrant health consultation clinic is located at the Bruyère Family Medicine Centre.
Clinical Services offered:
• Complete health assessments
• Preventive services and screening for infectious diseases
• Psychosocial assessments
• Health promotion
• Patient orientation to the Canadian health system
• Travel Medicine and health consultations for immigrant travelling to visit friends and relatives
2. Champlain District Refugee Health Network
In an effort to meet the on-going health care needs of refugees to Ottawa and the Champlain District LHIN, we are looking for family physicians willing to take on the care of screened refugees. Our immigrant clinic will provide a detailed case summary including preventive care: vaccinations, laboratory investigations and a clinical update to facilitate on-going care. Please contact us if you may be interested in accepting a limited number of refugee patients.